Thursday, June 25, 2009

The Universe

This is my Dad throwing shells for Peach at the beach in Bay Head. I miss Bay Head something fierce this morning. I miss my Mom and Dad, and I worry about my Dad. He's been holding his cancer off long enough for me to be here with Parker, but when I talk to him, I know he can't hold it off forever.


I know he isn't really "holding it off," but that somehow God knew I couldn't take care of both things at once ~ Dad's cancer and Parker's illness ~ so He gave us a little reprieve until Parker is well. But I feel an urgency this morning to go see him. Maybe I shouldn't be listening to the Beach Boys on my MP3 Player. It's only making me more homesick. The fact that Wimbledon is on makes me more homesick for Bay Head, but I will celebrate gettikng to watch it with Parker for the first time in a few years.

Decisions have been made, at least as far as we are concerned. Some doctor might show up today and change our plans, but I can't control that.

Parker has decided to go to rehab first, hopefully Monday or Tuesday. After he is finished there, he'll go home for a few weeks, get his life back, breath, sleep in his own bed, rest, let the wound heal, then come back the end of July or beginning of August for the skin graft surgery. Hopefully that means he'll be ready to go back to work the late August. If it all works as we hope it will.


More later. I think I need to go to Bay Head and I have to check airlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment