Thursday, July 16, 2009

Jitters

Skin graft surgery is tomorrow. Lots of pre-surgery jitters going on around here tonight. It's been a hectic week with so many doctor and wound care and PT appointments my head is spinning. Temperature hasn't been below 101 degrees for WEEKS and it is really getting to me. I need a mountain air fix badly!

Had long discussion with anesthesiologist today, which sent Parker full speed into a panic attack, which was only overcome after a trip up to the 4th floor to see his friends up there. Did him a world of good. He really loves those people up there.

Anesthesia doc had to give all the worst case scenarios again, but this time he was a gentle person and we were in a private room, not in the middle of the ICU waiting room. Even so, it brought back way too many bad memories of all the previous surgeries and complications. I'm probably going to hold my breath for the next 24 hours.

Please keep Parker in your prayers tonight and tomorrow. I will post more about this crazy week (to include the always-slipping wound dressing we had to have changed every day..... not a good idea, that one). Hopefully by this time tomorrow he will be safely tucked away in a bed NOT in ICU, resting peacefully with his new stomach skin.

Good night. R.I.P. Audrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment