Friday, May 29, 2009

Rough Start But Thank God For the Pixie People

Parker's having a rough time today. All the barium he drank for yesterday's tests is coming out both ends, violently. His digestive system just isn't working like it is supposed to. Like it doesn't remember what it's supposed to do. Of course since he can't even sit up, let alone get out of bed to the bathroom, this means lots of messes today.

I remind him how thankful I am that he has the opportunity to be sick because he is alive.

The nurses seem exasperated and I want to give them the evil eye, but I don't because I know we need them to be our friend. Thank God for the little dynamo, Amy. The 4'11" pigtailed Pippi Longstocking Clinical Assistant. She is very sensitive to Parker and understands his emotions and humiliation, and she does just the right thing at the right time to make him more comfortable, and less embarrassed.

Thank goodness for pixie-people!

No comments:

Post a Comment