Thursday, July 2, 2009

Shout Out

After one of the most stressful days I've experienced since the weeks in ICU, I discovered what a lucky person I am by the delivery of a fabulous dinner, courtesy of our family friend, Davis Tucker, owner of North By Northwest Restaurant and Brewery here in Austin. The Huntsman Burger was one of the best I've ever eaten, and the salad with walnuts and Granny Smith apples was perfect. I didn't realize how badly I needed some really good food until I ate this tonight.


Many thank to Davis for his generosity and kindness to me. If you are an Austinite, you have to go. The place is fabulous, a brewpub with a menu that ranges from lobster ravioli in a crab tomato cream, perfect steaks and blue cheese crusted scalloped potatoes, to this burger which is what I will forever hold up as an example of perfection.

Check it out at http://www.nxnwbrew.com/ Thanks again, Davis, perfect timing for this old, run down hag of a Mom.....

I am too tired to write of the ups and downs and roller coaster of emotions over today's events, but I want to give another quick shout out to Mickey, who "caught" several people for me at the IMC unit whose picture I needed. The picture with the half-faced person is not a mistake, she claims I promised not to use it because she thought she was having a bad hair day. So this serves as a gentle reminder: She needs to come to the 8th floor for her glamour shot. Room 827. :-)

Thanks, Mickey, for your help, and for your recommendation of the Huntsman's Burger. You were right.

More later or tomorrow morning on Parker's progress on his first full day in rehab. This old gal has got to get some sleep.






No comments:

Post a Comment