Friday, May 8, 2009

The Big Sit

They sat Parker up today. It is the first time he has been off his back since April 13th. He wanted to be sure I was there to see it, and afterwards he mouthed, How'd I do, Mom?

It was a good indicator for me to see how far he has to go, even if we only have minor set backs from here on out. He couldn't hold his body up well, and his head started to roll around on his neck like a sack of potatoes. He was upright for less than one minute before he got nauseous and dizzy so they lay him back down.

I was going to take a picture of him sitting up to send to his Dad so he could see, but I was crying so much I forgot. I was crying from gratitude that we were able to get to this point, and I was crying because it was startling to see how dependant he is on machines to keep him alive. But mostly I was crying because it was so important to him that I was there to see it.

You did great, honey, perfect, it was amazing....

No comments:

Post a Comment