Sunday, June 14, 2009

Lady Bugs 'N Fairies

Say what you will, but I know it means something. I have this thing about Lady Bugs. Long story. But I know they mean good things are coming. Today I brought Parker's white Suburban over from the League House and parked it on the roof of the parking garage in the corner so when he walks today for PT he can look out the window and see it. Sort of like seeing an old friend for the first time in a long time.

I was just looking out the window and, low and behold, there was a lady bug crawling across my view. Good sign by itself, but when I went to snap the photo of it, I noticed, as you will, it was walking right above the view of Parker's car (see white shiny spot on roof in distance). Double good luck.

Below is a photo of one of our very favorite nurses and people, Nurse Nancy. She was the Fairy Dust nurse from pre-ICU days (see April 12th posting). Nancy is from California. She and her husband practice Native American spirituality and have a sweat lodge at their house. She, like me, believes in signs. Like lucky pennies. When Nancy is our night nurse, both Parker and I feel so relaxed, she just has this magical way of spreading serenity throughout the room. She is always filled with interesting ideas and has a sense of humor both Parker and I appreciate (and NEED!). This is Tall Nurse Nancy, not The Other Nurse Nancy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment