Sunday, April 26, 2009

Changes

Nurse told me this afternoon that Parker's urine had the VRE bacteria in it when they cultured it, meaning it had moved from the cyst and abdomen into the bladder. I asked him how serious that was and he said, Medium. My friend said, Take the medium, there's another level.

Okay, I'll take medium.

Neither John nor I liked the nurse Zhan that Parker had the last two nights. It seemed like Parker annoyed her, she complained when the NG tube dislodged and she had to clean it up, she said to me first thing this moning, He won't settle down, he is too anxious, I can't get him to be quiet. I could just imagine her getting in his face and telling him to relax ..... just exactly what you DON'T do with Parker and expect him to calm down.

Then John told today's nurse, Rob, that it was hard to get information from Zhan and when he is that far away he really needs to be able to communicate with the nurse.

Apparently Rob heard us because tonight's nurse is named Jim. John spoke to him and felt Jim understood Parker. James is there now, no doubt telling him all about the Cowboys picks. I'll be back at 5:45AM. Need one more good night's sleep to get over whatever it was I had and bounce back.

Please keep up your prayers. We have a LONG way to go.

Today Parker mouthed the words to me, I love you Mom, I love you.

I love you,too, Parker. Good night Sweet Pea.

No comments:

Post a Comment