Monday, April 27, 2009

The Chaplain and The Surgeon

Kevin is the Chaplain. He came by and we had a nice talk today. He has been so helpful to me and to Parker. He is very soothing and spiritual and keeps the things the doctors say balanced for me.

Dr. Garcia came by and said everything looked stable. He is happy with the abdomen, he is especially happy that Parker was so alert and asking questions. He said the first and last thing Parker asked was, How long?

Dr. Garcia interpreted that to mean How long have I been here? When he told Parker two weeks in the Critical Care Unit, he said Parker seemed to accept that. He and Kevin both told me if i can't understand what Parker is saying i need to tell him I don't understand and if he will rest and get better we can get him off the ventilator sooner and then he can ask all the questions he wants. But he has to stay quiet and calm.

1 comment:

  1. Of all the posts you give us with updates, this one made me smile and infused me with more hope and gratitude. Love.

    ReplyDelete