Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Too Good To Be True.....

I had this feeling it was too good to be true. Parker has been doing so well, and yesterday I kept waiting for the ball to drop. I don't know how serious this is, but the wound-vac thing that is holding his abdomen together, along with the sewn in piece of mesh that is supposed to be supporting the muscle wall, split. I showed it to the nurse and she had the wound care people come look at it. At that time, about 6:pm, they didn't think it was that urgent. I explained to them how when Parker coughs, he coughs BIG and the abdomen bulges so much, and they didn't really seem concerned.

So today, of course, the thing is split more, and has separated from his abdominal wall even more. And for the first time since he woke up he has asked for pain meds.

I feel so furious that no one listened when I told them it looked different, it looked odd, something was wrong. I am waiting now for the doctor and the wound care people to come. Furious.

Parker's Dad is on a plane right now on his way down. I'll be really glad he is here to not only give me a break, but mainly because Parker is so anxious to see him.

I love you Parker, and I'm sorry you are hurting again.

1 comment:

  1. It is indeed a small world, but I do not believe that our paths crossed by accident. One day in an ICU waiting room I watched a mother sobbing as she kept vigil over a son who was very ill. As a pastor I felt compelled to pray with her, and sat with her as she poured out her heart. At that moment we did share a bond; we were both in pain as we watched our children suffer. You see, I am the father of that brewer whose fiance' lay critically ill in the hospital. Thank you for your kind words about him--we have indeed been blessed with a remarkable son. I will continue to pray for Parker, and for your family. Blessings--

    ReplyDelete