Thursday, April 16, 2009

Eye Contact

Quick update: After I wrote the last post I went down to see Parker. Nurse said nothing new, they will draw more blood and have a report for me when I can go back in at 4:pm.

But! The absolutely wonderful news is that I took his hand and called his name, kind of loud, and he actually turned his head and looked right at me!!! My face almost ripped apart I was smiling so big, I was so elated! While he has opened his eyes before, we have had no eye contact, just blank stares. But he looked right at me and I told him what a great job he was doing. I told him not to worry about all the stuff attached to him, he just needed to think about getting well.

Then when I said, I love you, he scrunched his eyebrows four times. In our home, ever since the boys were little that means, I love you too!

2 comments:

  1. Hang in there, Nanci! We're praying for Parker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nanci -- thank you for keeping us posted. I am fighting for Parker and prayer for Parker and for you. God bless.

    ReplyDelete