Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Thank You St. Jude

Parker made it through the night!

That statement stands alone in magnificence. He is still alive this morning.

The surgeon just came by to see us and said there has been a slight change in direction for the better. He said where as last night he was on the verge of leaving us, he is now 'just" in a critical state, but improving. Some parts of his body are starting to work again, parts that had shut down before and were being sustained by machines alone. Just the teeniest tiniest bit. But his body must be willing itself to start working again.

I know it has to do with prayer, and I know it has to do with his will, and with all the positive energy coming from everyone out there. I thank God for giving the doctors and nurses the tools they need to make him well. And I know for a fact that his hearing his brother's voice last night when he arrived made a huge difference. I know Parker can hear us, and even though his body is grotesque, left open in the middle exposing his guts, his spirit and his soul are working hard to rise to this challenge. The greatest he has ever faced.

In all of this, even yesterday before James got here and I thought it was a matter of hours, or minutes, before I lost my precious son, my faith has never wavered. In fact, it has become stronger still. Something settled over me and reminded me that whatever God's will is, that is what I have to accept. I have turned it over to God.

One of my favorite Bible verses:
Isaiah 40:31 But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.

2 comments:

  1. That is one of my favorite verses. It's all over the Golden Filly series by Lauraine Snelling. One of my favorite authors of some of my favorite horse books.

    Just wanted to let you know that I told my mom about your blog and she is praying for Parker and her entire church is too. And she lives in Rehoboth Beach, DE.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you Sarah. You cannot imagine how much I appreciate your kind words and your prayers.

    ReplyDelete